Tuesday, February 18, 2014

About Us

We are so excited to have Lance join our family.  I have had a heart for orphans starting at a very young age.  I currently enjoy working in the field of special education, and have a great schedule for raising a family.  I went back to school to get my Masters in Social work to hopefully start a ministry for orphans/foster kids someday.  Although I have these big dreams, for right now, I am using what God has given me in the present moment.  I didn’t really plan to adopt overseas, mostly because of the huge expense.  In fact, I got my foster care license so that I can adopt a child from foster care in this country.  I guess God has other plans at this time, and I am trusting Him to provide.  Lance will join two brothers.  My biological son is 8 years old and he is half-Chinese, so they already look like brothers.  Lance’s other soon-to-be brother joined us in June of 2013 through a program called Safe Families and will be with us long-term.  We are all looking forward to meeting Lance and have enjoyed the pictures and stories from so many people who have already met him and love him.  I am amazed at how popular Lance is!

No comments:

Post a Comment