Friday, February 28, 2014

Update

Many people have been asking where I am at in the process.  My homestudy is in progress, and because I already have a homestudy done through this agency for foster care, it is helping it to go a little faster.  I am also working on collecting everything I need for the dossier.  God has been really faithful in providing what I need financially right at the time that I need it.  One family who adopted from China gave $1,000 towards Lance's adoption, and it has been wonderful hearing about their adoption journey!  Then a friend of mine asked me to borrow a pen and returned the pen to me with a $1,000 check attached to it, even though she doesn't make very much in her job at a homeless shelter.  A couple days later I came home and there was a surprise $500 check in the mail.  So, although the cost of adoption has looked like a huge barrier to me, especially when I first started this process, God is providing the "manna" right when I need it. I was reminded of the story of Moses in the desert when I started this process, and sure enough God is providing what I need each day, whether it is the time to get this paperwork done, finances, or just encouragement in the process from people who know and love Lance.  I always love learning more about Lance and getting new pictures!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!!! Praying for you along the way! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete